Kenya, the African Eden
Region: The Rift and Maasai land
Duration: 7 days
Type: Exploration, family trip – nights in tent
- Game drives: 3 days
- Walking safari and nature walks: 1 day
- Boat ride: Bird watching and hippo viewing
- Cultural encounters with the Maasai: 1.5 days
Period: Mid December to mid March then July to October
Group: 3 to 8 participants
A sneak preview:
This is a short but diversified trip, ideal for families or for a first visit of Africa. Here, we indeed offer you amazing game drives in Maasai Mara Reserve where all the big fauna is present in abundance; bush walks and walking safaris (accompanied by Maasai rangers), a boat ride on Lake Naivasha at the heart of the Rift Valley and great moments with the Maasai. All this in a calm environment with limited vehicle use to leave the maximum time for exploration.
- A trip that will make you discover a piece of Africa filled with richness: amazing landscapes, ecological and culturally original environments and the big African fauna that everyone dreams of seeing at least once in their lifetime.
- 3 days of game drive, on open-roofed 4×4, allowing us to reach a preserved part of the most beautiful reserve in Kenya, Maasai Mara National Reserve.
- Limited driving to avoid, as much as possible, full days on the road.
- 4 of the 6 nights in private campsites for a true immersion into the wild world (camps guarded by the Maasai).
- A group limited to 8 participants for more intimacy and quality during cultural encounters.
Day to day plan:
Day 1: Lake Naivasha: Drive to Lake Naivasha (3 hours), boat ride on the lake to view hippos and abundant bird life.
Day 2: Maji Moto: Drive (4 hours) to Maasai Mara, Maji Moto Village. Visit of a manyatta (traditional Maasai hut) close to our charming camp, then a walk up to the peak of a high hill to enjoy the view of the Loita plains. Evening around a bonfire with our Maasai hosts.
Day 3: Maji Moto > Oloisukut: After a spear-throwing competition, games with our Maasai friends and a visit of the hot springs, we drive to Oloisukut Conservation Area (about 4 hours depending on the state of the road), situated on the escarpement juxstaposing Maasai Mara. Brief evening walk to enjoy the view of the famous reserve’s ecosystem.
Day 4: Oloisukut Conservancy > Maasai Mara Reserve: Morning safari walk in Oloisukut, led by rangers, where we view giraffes, zebras, antelopes and gazelles and sometimes buffaloes and elephants! We will go through the escarpment to get to Mara River. Departure on 4×4 to continue the game drive up to our camping site, at the heart of the park.
Days 5 and 6: Maasai Mara National Reserve: 2 complete days of game drives in Maasai Mara. Our 4×4 vehicles allow us access to this western part of the reserve, which is the most preserved due to it being swampy and having river crossings thus prohibiting access by tour vans.
Day 7: Maasai Mara > Nairobi: Brief morning game drive before departing for Nairobi, the only long drive during the trip, approximately 7 hours.
Back to the tours list